Jump to section
In this post I will show you how to integrate and monitor Oracle Weblogic Server Domain using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c. I will also show you how to install OEM Management Agent on Oracle Linux server from OEM Cloud Control Console.
Please watch the video for detailed explanation and demo.
- Oracle Linux 6.8 Virtual Machine
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c
- OEM Fusion Middleware Home: /u01/app/oracle/product/oemfmw
- OEM Domain Home: /u01/app/oracle/product/gc_inst/user_projects/domains/GCDomain
- OEM Management Agent Home: /u01/app/oracle/product/oemagent
- OEM Management Agent Instance Home: /u01/app/oracle/product/oemagent/agent_inst
- OEM Cloud Control URL: https://pdol6oem13c.local:7802/em
- OEM Weblogic Admin Console URL: https://pdol6oem13c.local:7102/console
- BI Publisher URL: https://pdol6oem13c.local:9803/xmlpserver
- Oracle Weblogic Server 12c
- WLS Fusion Middleware Home: /u01/app/oracle/product/fmw
- WLS Domain Home: /u01/app/oracle/product/fmw/user_projects/domains/MyDomain/
- WLS Admin Console URL: http://pdol6wls12c:7001/console
- Oracle Database 220.127.116.11 (For OEM Cloud Control)
OEM Management Agent Deployment
- OEM Management Agent can be deployed remotely from OEM Cloud Control Console.
- Agent software will be installed along with OEM Cloud Control Installation for the platform where OEM is installed (Oracle Linux 64 Bit in my case).
- If the target server is running on a different platform, you need to download and add it to OEM Software Library manually.
- Login to OEM Cloud Control using below URL
- OEM Cloud Control Home Page
- Navigate to Setup -> Add target -> Add Target Manually
- Click Install Agent On Host
- Click Add. Provide Hostname (FQDN) and select Linux x86-64 as the Platform and click Next
- Provide Agent Installation Directory as below
- Installation Base Directory: /u01/app/oracle/product/oemagent
- Instance Directory: /u01/app/oracle/product/oemagent/agent_inst
- Click “+” button next to Named Credentials and provide credentials of the user on target machine (WLS Machine) and click Next on Add Target Screen
- Click Deploy Agent on review Screen
- Agent Deployment will be started. Below are the stages of agent deployment. Make sure each stage is successful.
- Remote Pre Requisite Check
- Agent Deployment
- Navigate to Setup -> Manage Cloud Control -> Agents
- Make sure the new Agent is added for WLS target machine and the status is UP
- Login to target WLS machine and verify if Agent and Instance Home Directories are created
Oracle Weblogic Domain Discovery
- Navigate to Setup -> Add Target -> Add Targets Manually
- Click “Add Using Guided Process”
- Select “Oracle Fusion Middleware/Weblogic Domain” and click Add
- Select target host from the available list and click Select
- Provide details of Weblogic Domain as per below screenshot and click Continue.
- Wait for the targets to be discovered and click Close
- Verify the list of discovered targets and click “Add Targets”
- Click Close on the Confirmation Screen
- Click OK on the Results Screen
- Navigate to Middleware Home Page and make sure the Domain is added under the targets table
- Weblogic Managed Server Metrics Screen
That’s all folks! You have now installed management agent and discovered Oracle Weblogic Domain on OEM Cloud Control. You can now define performance metrics, thresholds and notification rules and start monitoring your Oracle Weblogic Domain and its components.